1. write complete recipe (meaning 1 T baking powder not 1 baking powder)
2. measure liquid in liquid measuring cup
3. Measure liquid and have it on the table to level it off
4. Wash hands first before you start the lab (most classes did not to this)
5. To many students collecting at the collecting table. Trust the collector to do their job.
6. No arguing or fooling around, while in the kitchen. This is a serious potential hazard.
7. a few kitchen groups worked well together
8. Several kitchens sprayed the Pam spray on the stove, should be over the garbage can or sink
9. Make sure you pull long hair back
10. Keep track of time... some kitchens need to work on organization
11. HOT WATER to wash dishes with
12. NEED to work more talk less
13. leave ALL food supplies at the table do NOT take to your kitchen to measure.
14. NO sitting on counter or tables
15. Do not take food from refrigerator or cabinets. Food for lab is ONLY going to be on the collecting table.
16. Do Not forget to take all utensils from the collecting table
17.DO NOT leave room at anytime (unless teacher has ok it) or it will be a zero for the day
18. DO NOT leave the room when bell rings if you have not finished cleaning up from the lab
19. Glad for the excitement to cook but please raine it in a little. To much excitement could lead to accidents.
20. No need for cell phones to be out when in a lab. Pretend they were not invented yet.
21. Oil do not walk from collecting table to kitchen with it in a measuring spoon, put in glass bowl (ramekin)
22. Need to make sure recipes are written right
23. DO NOT LEAVE unless everything has been cleaned.
24. Some sinks were not cleaned out after the dishes were washed
This is what I found after one class left the room at the end of the period.. If I had graded this lab this would have been a failing grade.
Next lab will be graded. Make sure that all the issues from above are not seen on the next lab.